Safe to put in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is this ? I asked for copepods which are in the bag, how can i get them in my tank?

Pic sorry

Attachments

• image-3722646493.jpg
    image-3722646493.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 109
This is a question I was interested in as well since you never want to put other tank water into your system I am unsure. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Did they come from the Lfs? Do you have a ich free tank? Chances are good if you pour that bag of water into your tank you will be introducing ich into your system. Unless you are prepared for that I would just buy copods from a breeder they come in a bottle that you just pour into your tank.

I didnt pour in the water the sump they came out of was a fowlr system didnt see any ich disnt pour in the water, just took out whatever that green stuff is and shook it out in my tank

What kind of plant is that? Will it spread? I was wondering since a few pieces got into my tank if i should take them out

It is a macro algae related to chaetomorpha. But it is unlikely to grow if there is anything in there that is herbivorous. It'll be eaten quickly.
In my experience, when pods are sold, they come from dedicated pod tanks and are unlikely to introduce ich. I just dumped it all in. Remember, it's not just the pods, there will also likely be eggs in the water.

Awesome thanks! Im slowly gonna wein my scooter on marine pellets

Lol ive heard of holding them in a breeder net and training them that way?

Back
Top Bottom