Salt with pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samak85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. I was advised to use salt due to an issue in my aquarium, but I've read somewhere that salt with pleco's is a bad combination. Is that right or i can use it safely?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What's the issue? Plecos are extremely sensitive to salt, i wouldn't reccomend it's use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I might be a victim of Columnaris. I will remove him for a while. Thanks for the advice.

I might be a victim of Columnaris. I will remove him for a while. Thanks for the advice.

I can't think off the top of my head what you treat for columnaris.. Post in the unhealthy fish section and we would be glad to help you with getting rid of it though!

Caleb

Furan 2 and Kanaplex worked for me, I have a couple plecos as well and kuhlis and they were all fine! I did lose 2-3 fish but another two that had it bad survived and it didn't spread any further with the meds.

Edit: I should also add that you DO NOT raise the temp, instead lower it a little bit for columnaris.

Back
Top Bottom