Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettaorr

Aquarium Advice Freak
I see a lot of ppl saying to add salt to fresh water tanks looking for the pros and cons to this as I'm new to owning fish an have a 10 gallon and a 1 gallon.

The K.I.S.S rule on this subject. Just do your PWC every week & you will be fine. If fish are doing fine, & everything is great leave it alone. Unless you are fight ich, IMHO dont.

I think we should step back and examine why you would want to put salt in a freshwater tank. What are the reasons you would want to do this? Then we can weigh the positives and negatives, and also dispel some of the mythology around salt use in fw aquaria.

I think we should step back and examine why you would want to put salt in a freshwater tank. What are the reasons you would want to do this? Then we can weigh the positives and negatives, and also dispel some of the mythology around salt use in fw aquaria.

I was told by a few ppl to put some salt in the tanks that its good for the fish also read it when searching y one of my platys were acting funny

Back
Top Bottom