Sand Waterfall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks cool.....time consuming but cool. I'm curious, once the pump has sucked up all the sand from the surrounding area, then what? You're left with a sandless waterfall and a big pile o sand at the base of your waterfall? What's the draw to do this?

That looks cool.....time consuming but cool. I'm curious, once the pump has sucked up all the sand from the surrounding area, then what? You're left with a sandless waterfall and a big pile o sand at the base of your waterfall? What's the draw to do this?
The sand waterfall should be dumping the sand at the same place that it draws in from. It would be a continuously cycling the same sand.

Looks like a constant mess and hassle to me. Great concept on paper though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah me too. I know the amount of sand I get in mine with normal filter flow. Can't imagine what this might do. Maybe there is a certain type of sand that doesn't travel very far? I dunno....

Can I use rocks to hide the pipe instead of how DIY made it?
Yes, but unless you have the perfect pieces youre going to run into quite a few problems doing it and keeping it natural looking without bubbles soewing all over.

i am planning to cut a small hole at the top of the pipe for bubbles to escape and i have some very nice dark grey rocks. I will post a picture of the rocks later.

i am planning to cut a small hole at the top of the pipe for bubbles to escape and i have some very nice dark grey rocks. I will post a picture of the rocks later.

The only problem with that is that if you cut a bubble in the top it will very likely push the sand out that hole as well.

Back
Top Bottom