Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Everytime i syphon my sandbed it breaks out and theres this algae? Anyideas y?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389046158.806592.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389046174.729246.jpg

Hard to tell from the blue lights but when you siphon then run some flow over the area. If you are feeding then I would feed every 2 or 3 days.

Why are you siphoning your sandbed? You're probably releasing phosphates when you do which leads to the cuano

When you do water changes siphon it out.rinse your food with ro if you feed frozen and don't over feed . Do you have a skimmer? Do at least biweekly wc, weekly if you can that will help get rid of it.

Nassarius snails or sand sifting starfish. The sand sifter won't live long, but the snails will. They burrow through the sand and keep it circulated so no chemicals will build up under the top layer.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No need to siphon the sand IMO. Use nassarius snails. Don't add a sand sifter it will eat all the microorganisms in the sand then die.

Bribo12 +1. No need to syphon your sand bed. By all means clean the top of any unsightly bits but if your bed is relatively deep it could tip your parameters over the edge.

I've done it myself!!! Massive nitrate spikes

Back
Top Bottom