Saved from one store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
Saved this little guy from Petco a few days ago. Along with a baby girl. He's got some fin rot and tail splitting going on. But at least they got a home and lots of love. IMAG2985.jpg IMAG2911.jpg

So nice that you saved a few! It feels good to save a fish or two when we can. I saved an Angel from Petco too, amazing how she survived about 6 months there . She wasn’t the pretty one her top fin is bent down looks deformed, she made it through them putting all new filtration in the whole system. There were fish floating dead all over. So sad

So nice that you saved a few! It feels good to save a fish or two when we can. I saved an Angel from Petco too, amazing how she survived about 6 months there . She wasn’t the pretty one her top fin is bent down looks deformed, she made it through them putting all new filtration in the whole system. There were fish floating dead all over. So sad
I hear ya! And yet they still get our hard earned money for the fish they care so little about. Should really call it animal neglect. Ain't no different than someone with kids, dogs, cats, and so on who don't take care of them. We would never see a fish store again if that was the case though. Right!?

Exactly, it makes me so sad. Went to our local fish store here today to get some meds and I decided to look at all their sick fish, I knew better. There was a tank with 4 angels and they were very pale looking and just hanging out in the bottom, I kneeled down and talked to them touching the glass. They immediately got bright colors and stripes and came to see me, thinking are you gonna save us? I felt horrible the rest of the day, wish I could save them all

Exactly, it makes me so sad. Went to our local fish store here today to get some meds and I decided to look at all their sick fish, I knew better. There was a tank with 4 angels and they were very pale looking and just hanging out in the bottom, I kneeled down and talked to them touching the glass. They immediately got bright colors and stripes and came to see me, thinking are you gonna save us? I felt horrible the rest of the day, wish I could save them all
Me too! Angels are always my heart breaker. I'd overstock my tank just to save them. I found that ordered fish online are healthier than the stores. Even after the long travel. It's crazy.

The best advice I got starting into this hobby is "never buy sick fish". All living organisms can and will get sick, not all will fully recover. Don't bring any sickness home.

The best advice I got starting into this hobby is "never buy sick fish". All living organisms can and will get sick, not all will fully recover. Don't bring any sickness home.
Yeah, I got that advice too... I don't listen to it. I think It's b.s. Cause anyway you look at it. Things happen, even in your own tank that's been up and running for 2, 5,10 years. I save what I can if I think it's fixable. (In a hospital tank) and keep them happy and healthy the best I can.

Back
Top Bottom