Scarlet badis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vinsgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have taken a liking in scarlet badis how many can I keep in a 10 g? And of those how many males how many females? They are really tiny and so beautiful.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Tab 3G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Getting females seems to be rare these days. If it's heavily planted just get 8 of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They'll eat frozen foods like mini blood worms ,daphnia, baby brine but love foods are best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Picking up some on Friday. Think I'll do 4 for now. My lfs won't let rhenium go before the then

Ask to see them eat before you buy. Many "females" turn out to be submissive males.

They need HEAVILY planted tanks so they don't stress each other out.

If you add a colony of RCS the babies will help keep them fed.

A couple of mine would accept crushed flakes and crushed micro pellets. Some would accept frozen baby brine. One never ate for me.

This is where they will be going into. Will that be good for them? I'm thinking of getting 4 for now and see how it goes. They came to my lfs on Friday but they don't want to let them go before Friday coming to make sure they healthy and settled in.
Its a good idea to ask to see them eat. Thanks for the tip

Attachments

• 1479714720542.jpg
    1479714720542.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 52
This is where they will be going into. Will that be good for them? I'm thinking of getting 4 for now and see how it goes. They came to my lfs on Friday but they don't want to let them go before Friday coming to make sure they healthy and settled in.

I think that's smart to start with 4. I never had more than 2 at a time. I love watching their slow, deliberate stalking of food. That's why live food is sometimes all that works. They trigger on movement like a cat with fins. Some learn to take other foods.

Really like rock work. Color and shape. Super cool.

@Coursair do you maybe know where I can get more info on them. I'm really battling to find proper literature about there care and breeding on the net. Not that I plan on breeding but want to be prepared should they decide they want to

There isn't much out there that I've seen. But more people are trying to keep them. At least one member on here got them to breed I believe ?

I went the easy route and added mine to an existing Shrimp tank. My RCS were at about 100 before I added any fish.

I think they find food easier in small tanks (?)

I used 1/2 tap 1/2 distilled for my CRS to keep the TDS low.

Thanx @Coursair I will keep posted on how they doing after I'm getting them on Friday.

So I got my scarlets today, not Friday as planned and am so stoked. Tried for 1 male and 3 female. The think I got 2 of each. The one got hurt I think while catching them and passed, but the other 3 is doing great. They exploring their tank and they have all taken food. They still very tiny, about an half inch. I'm hooked, think I'll go back for 2 more females tomorrow

@Coursair I promised pics soon as I could get. They not the best quality but at least u'll be able to see them

Attachments

• 1480327944033.jpg
    1480327944033.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 1480327972623.jpg
    1480327972623.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 24
They sure are. They love the bugs I feed them. Also got them brine shrimp. Should hatch today

Back
Top Bottom