sea slug?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedLeggedHermit

Aquarium Advice Freak
found this one one of my LR. it looks like a sea slug to me. any one now anything about them? just wanted some general info on it. how big do they get and things like that.

2012-08-02-192928.jpg

Looks like that could be a Nudibranch. Most of them are not good. Many eat Zoanthids, but usually look like the ones that they eat, as a form of camouflage.
Google Nudibranch, and see if you can find a match.

i googled it and it does kind of look like one. but i didn't see any pics of one like mine. do you know how big they get?

Yeah looks like a nudi to me as well. 98% of the time they are pests, many species.

RedLeggedHermit said:
so.. i guess i should get rid of it then?

Most nudis eat coral different nudis eat different coral which sucks cause some nudis have amazing colors hard to tell in the pic but kinda looks like zoa eating nudi if so they stay fairly small maybe 1/2 " at biggest if yours is bigger than its not that one but most are nuisence unfortunatly

danbstrong said:
Most nudis eat coral different nudis eat different coral which sucks cause some nudis have amazing colors hard to tell in the pic but kinda looks like zoa eating nudi if so they stay fairly small maybe 1/2 " at biggest if yours is bigger than its not that one but most are nuisence unfortunatly

Nudi nudi nudi :) haha thanks though, i might have some that i should pull out of my tank.

Back
Top Bottom