Seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horsegirlmaddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys! After tons and tons of thought and research, I've decided a few months ago that I want a seahorse-only (with invertebrates) tank- I have a 60 gallon hexagon, so I think the height would be perfect for seahorses over any other fish that are more horizontal swimmers.
I really want two or three pairs of h. Erectus (Lined Seahorse). However, I've checked with every LFS, and they can only get in h. Comes (tiger-tail seahorse), and as a special order, I wouldn't get to pick out healthy ones that are for sure male and female- their suppliers don't guarantee sex, and who knows if they're truly captive bred?
I would love to order from some of the reputable online breeders, but I live in Canada, where there are no online breeders i can find, and breeders in the states can't ship here.

Theoretically, I would like h. Erectus because they are the hardiest, and the fry are the easiest to raise successfully.
So, I have two questions. One, is there anywhere in Canada that I can get true captive bred, good quality horses online, or a store that will ship to Alberta. Two, is there anyone who has h.comes and can reflect on their ease of care, and likelihood to breed and fry survival rate?

Thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom