Second pelco dead :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Idk what I am doing wrong... My first pelco died after 2 weeks... He didn't eat his algae wafers. Now I wake up this morning and my second one out of nowhere is dead.... He was fine last night he was swimming around, I gave him his algae wafer which he started to eat.... This morning I wake up and he's floating on the top. What am I doing wrong? :( all my other fish have been fine now for over a month 4 tetra, 5 guppies. I have lots of aeration in my tank, I gave him wafers every nite. I did water changes everyday.. He was temporarily in a ten gal tank but he has only been in there two weeks and he was only 2 inches... I was going to put him in my 36 gal tank wednesday. Idk what I did. I like pelcos but I don't want to get another one if there going to keep dying.

And idk if this matters but every time I get them from petco there very thin.. And there bellys are almost see through but I thought that was because they were so small. could it be that there sick before I get them because he was kinda fat lol he ate a little bit of a wafer every nite and I would vacuumed the old one out every day and put a new one in every night.

Sorry... The ammonia was between .50 and 1 ppm. Ph was above 7.6 and my nitrates were 5.0 nitrite was .25 . I'm cycling my 36 gal as we speak so in hoping I can gt them out of the 10 gal and into the 36 gal. I was doing 50% water changes daily to keep the levels down

Back
Top Bottom