Seiryu Rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlira

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 6-7 inches wide seiryu rock and looks took big for my tank. I want to break it but I'm afraid it will look bad. Are there any techniques I can use to make it smaller or should I whack a hammer at it and hope for the best?

You could always use a chisel and make a slight indentation along the line where you'd like to break it. I have used a similar technique when breaking open geodes. When I have just whacked seiryu stone with a hammer, I wasn't pleased with the resulting chunks. If you don't want to risk it, you can always buy more (ebay has some). You could also lay the stone down flat in the tank, or turn it sideways so that the side is showing when the tank is viewed from the front.

Thank you so much, I used and chisel and a hammer to create another 3 rocks out of the big one. It looks great and I'm currently using them in my new aquarium. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388475660.564812.jpg

Back
Top Bottom