Sell or keep tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have my 55g saltwater tank still running after the upgrade and I'm very tempted to sell it.

I have these tanks already so it's not about the number of tanks LOL
125g Freshwater cichlids
125g Saltwater reef
29g saltwater BioCube
10g freshwater cichlid tank
10g freshwater neon tank
4g saltwater Pico

The 55g setup is totally excellent in my opinion but I'm not even sure what I would keep in there if I kept it.

If I sold it I could probably get $500.

So do I sell it or keep it? If I keep it what should I do with it? I'd prefer to keep it saltwater since I have all the gear for it.

Also, if I did sell it that would free up a 4 foot wall for another tank if I sold the 55g. I could probably put a 75g or 90g in that place.

I know it seems like a stupid thread but what would you do folks?:confused:

Nobody has any suggestions? I'm really torn on this one. LOL

And no, don't need it as a sump. The 125g is good enough for me. Now one day if i move yeah, I'd probably go 220g but thats a few years away. :)

I would sell it. Then you can do a bigger tank with the money and wall space! MTS to the max!!!

Sounds like selling it is a real option, the money could be well invested into your other tanks or coudl be used to assist a junior family member (thinking of extended family, you have enough tanks [and i don't know if you have junior family members of your own]) to get into aquarium keeping :)

Thanks guys, I'm thinking selling it will be the way to go. Ijust hate to part with my light fixture, I love it soo much. LOL

I appreciate the input. :)

Thanks guys, I'm thinking selling it will be the way to go. Ijust hate to part with my light fixture, I love it soo much. LOL

I appreciate the input. :)

For my two cents worth ... sell it ... get the $$ you can get and put it towards a 75 or 90 since they are the same length as your 55 for the spot you have reserved:D.

Back
Top Bottom