Selling Sailfin mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

westo1992

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm wanting to breed and sell Mollie is it really worth it can u make much or should I just set up my tanks and let the strongest ones live and keep them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What size tank do u have. Is it planted. Will u just have the breeding pair of mollys. Is it community tank? And there not very profitable fish to beeed. I give my mollys away for free to friends

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a 29 gallon with one Sailfin male two females and a butterfly Molly 3 giant danio it's got a lot of fake plants but I have a 10 gallon to put females in before they birth.

If your 10g is cycled and ready to go you should allow the female to give birth in the 10g. When she's finished giving birth put her back in the 29g and allow the fry grow big enough in the 10g. You could try sell them once there big enough.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm wanting to breed and sell Mollie is it really worth it can u make much or should I just set up my tanks and let the strongest ones live and keep them?

The best way to know if they are worth breeding to make money is to contact your local fish shop and see if they are willing to buy them from you. If they aren't, you may want to reconsider. When breeding fish, you really should be setting up selective pairs or trios. Mixing and matching mollies will not give you any 1 type of fish and could possible just give you deformed unsellable fish.

Hope this helps(y)

Yeah that's why I just got the Sailfins in there the trio and the butterfly Molly is in there to but I'm not keeping the fry from her

And when my Sailfin gets ready to drop the fry I'm putting her in the ten gal then back in the 29 gal when she's done

Back
Top Bottom