Semi aggressive schools?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tifta

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I just got a 55 gallon fish tank not too long ago. I was wondering other than tiger barbs what are some other schools of fish I can get? I might actually have to take my six tiger barbs back to the store because at lunch i noticed they were terrorizing everyone in the tank, even their selves and ripping tails up. Is there a school of fish that I might get that wouldn't fin nip everything in sight, and not to extremely expensive?

I also have 1 blood parrot, and 4 gouramis.

Also some types of bottom feeders i might also purchase that would go well with my fishies!

Thanks so much for the help :p

What you mean by semi aggressive? I can think of a nearly infinite amount of schooling fish. I'm not too familiar with blood parrots, so I do not know if they are aggressive or not. I know some gouramis can get relatively aggressive though.

I have a semi aggressive tank, I wanted to put the same types together. I didn't want to put community fish or aggressive fish together. That is what I have been told at least unless I have been miss informed. I am not to familiar with schools of fish that might be good for the type of fish I have. :/

Sorry if that was a stupid question.

I think most schooling fish will be too fast for the gourami, especially in the space a 55 gallon would provide. However, like I mentioned before, I don't know much about the blood parrots other than what they look like, and they don't look like a very fast fish.

Back
Top Bottom