Sensitivity to Excel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itafx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had problems with plants dieing and found out it was from dosing with excel. I did a little research and here is what I found on some plants that are and aren't sensitive. Does anyone have anything to add to the list?

Excel Sensitive Plant Pond use Notes N Rotala rotundifolia (erroneously called indica) Fast gwth, undemanding, Hi lt rqd for color Y Anacharis

N Moneywort Can be
Y Valisnaria

N Brazilian Pennywort
Fast gwth, v. undemanding N Water Sprite

P.S.
Does anyone know how to post an Excel Spreadsheet so it come out right in the post?
ITAFX

N Micro Sword
Best with higher light N Water Letttuce Normally Pistia Stratiotes N Wendtii

Y Bamboo
Blyxia albertii (not like in LFS) N Ludwigia Repens

N Java Fern

N Java Moss

N Dwarf Harigrass

N Saggitaria (Broad Lf & subulata)
Benefits from fertile substrate N Four Leaf Clover
Easy med light N Amazon and melon swords W air >50 deg Melon better w fertile substrate and Med Hi lt N Anubias Nana
Don't bury rhizome N Cabomba

N Red Temple

N Monosolenium tenerum
Moderate light, moderate difficulaty N Dwarf Baby Tears (Hemianthus callitrichooides) Fairly easy FG plant. Smallest aq plant, med lt N Madagascar Lace
Difficult N Wisteria (Hygrrophila difformis
Easy, undemanding, better in fertile substr Data from plant geek.net

P.S.
Does anyone know how to post a spreadsheet so it comes out nice?
ITAFX

Last edited:
Anacharis is considered to be THE most susceptible plant to Excel. It will literally just melt away....

I don't know how to do the spreadsheet, but I just CANNOT read your post. Please try to do something, even listing Compatible, Incompatible. As it is now I have a headache just looking at it!

I usually just pay a visit to plantgeek.com, their database has sensitive plants identified.

Anacharis is considered to be THE most susceptible plant to Excel. It will literally just melt away....

I don't know how to do the spreadsheet, but I just CANNOT read your post. Please try to do something, even listing Compatible, Incompatible. As it is now I have a headache just looking at it!

Firsthand, recent experience with the Anacharis. Suffice it to say the ones I have growing now are doing great, lol.

Back
Top Bottom