Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55g mbuna tank with smaller species. My son wants a sharl of some sory. Any suggestions?

Most of the elongatus
Cynotilapia
Mangaino
+ many others if it was me I'd look around online like at www.cichlidsarespecial.com or other places. I just said that place because he gives profiles with each fish. His pictures of the fish aren't all that great.

What is it your son wants?

He wants a bala shark but those are too big. I found a red tailed black shark that might work. Just wasn't sure if there were tropical fish. I could put in a cichlid tank

He wants a bala shark but those are too big. I found a red tailed black shark that might work. Just wasn't sure if there were tropical fish. I could put in a cichlid tank

Some Synodontis catfish that don't get very big because they should be in groups like the lucipinnis synodontis

Some Synodontis catfish that don't get very big because they should be in groups like the lucipinnis synodontis

I have these n they r soo fun to watch they arent all out n the open but i do see them all the time day and night .. i even have 1 that catches a ride on the side of one of my yellow labs sometimes.. cant every catch it on video though lil suckers are quick

Based on my experience with the red tailed sharks, they are an aggressive fish however when housed with African cichlids the aggression turns into chaos. The two species have completely different mannerisms. They speak different "languages" in a sense. The way they react in body language to different scenarios causes mis communication within the tank and leads to rehoming or worse. I started out with babies thinking if they grew up together it might make a difference (wishful thinking on my behalf) once they hit "puberty" all H E double hockey sticks broke out! Save yourself the heartache don't try to mix the species.

Thanks for the input. Thats why I'm on this forum

The one I have had no issues with *touch wood* is my synodontis catfish. They're pretty cool fish to watch interacting with other species. They don't seem to bother or be bothered by anything in my tanks. They do like to swim along side the cichlids but it hasn't brought about any aggression towards them this far. Maybe look into one of them for your tank?

I didn't know that, thank you. I have them in all my tanks. They get along well with everyone.

Back
Top Bottom