shimmy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice! I can't remember what kind of fish Verona is lol. I've been staring at my ten gallon breeding tank all night trying to see what kind of plates and guppies I have. The guppies show no color but I seen tints of orange, red and yellow in my plates. I even see a gold twin bar. I can't wait til they get bigger. But I do have two mystery platy breeds.

How many batches has Verona had? I'm still waiting for two females in my 30 to get pregnant but they won't accept the males lol.

Keep us updated!

Chronos313 said:
Nice! I can't remember what kind of fish Verona is lol. I've been staring at my ten gallon breeding tank all night trying to see what kind of plates and guppies I have. The guppies show no color but I seen tints of orange, red and yellow in my plates. I even see a gold twin bar. I can't wait til they get bigger. But I do have two mystery platy breeds.

How many batches has Verona had? I'm still waiting for two females in my 30 to get pregnant but they won't accept the males lol.

Keep us updated!

Verona is my guppy that is half black half grey, this is her second batch. when she had her first batch she had 36 fry, she's even bigger this time around so maybe she will have more than last time. Most of the fry she had are half black like her, I don't see any color in the others yet. How old do fry have to be before you can tell what the sex is? And it seems that my females have no problem accepting males, I have 6 adult females and all are pregnant

I have a guppy that I rescued that gave me fry, and two platys that dropped for me. Count on those I'm unsure cuz they all did it I the middle of the night, but I have between 30 and 50 fry I'm ball parking. Some say color shows around a month and sexing 2-3 months.

I can tell with re platys so far which is which somewhat but no idea on the guppies or the two mystery platys. I have a 55 I'm setting up so this is gonna get interesting.

I have no clue what I'm going to do with all of these fry, my tank is a 29 gallon I also have a ten gallon that I set up as a nursery tank and had another ten gallon but loaned it to a friend of mine (her two sons had an accident involving a heavy object, long story short, it broke...... into tiny pieces) I had planned on setting that one up as my male tank. But since I don't have that tank anymore I had to separate my males into the little tank (male balloon Molly was picking the fins off of my female guppies at feeding time needless to say he's in timeout right now lol)

Lol. I haven't had to do any timeouts just yet. I'm keeping some of my fry. I'm giving my father inlaw some when I give him my 30 gallon and the rest will be traded with my lfs for new acquisitions for my 55 gallon. I'm stoked for that tank

Ya it's 1:52 here and I know how you feel. I just watched two of my platy fry size each other up and shimmy at each other lol. I have my heater turned up higher cuz I noticed something on one of the fry's tail. It could just be the light but I want to cover all corners ya know. I think it's just the light but I'd rather keep these little ones safe

butterfly_koi said:
Verona is my guppy that is half black half grey, this is her second batch. when she had her first batch she had 36 fry, she's even bigger this time around so maybe she will have more than last time. Most of the fry she had are half black like her, I don't see any color in the others yet. How old do fry have to be before you can tell what the sex is? And it seems that my females have no problem accepting males, I have 6 adult females and all are pregnant

Wow that is a large bellied momma!! Regarding sexing the fry, you can actually tell the sex of the fry after about a month if you have the patience. A magnifying glass helps too lol. The females will begin developing their gravid spot after a month or so, which you can identify with a light and magnifying glass, and a TON of patience. The gonopodium of males takes a little more time to develop, about a month and a half to two IME.

Well I woke up this morning and still no fry but she's still doing the body quivers, how she has them soon, I watched her have her first batch and it was awesome to see. this will only be my second time ever seeing a fish give birth

I can never catch mine having babies, they outsmart me lol. But I'm treating my tank for ich now, I think the wife unplugged the heater mistakingly and my temp dropped to 72 on me so I have it set to 86 and it's increasing slowly over the last 5 hours to 80 now so it's climbing.

Still no fry today, she's still doing the shimmy shake in the bottom of the tank and breathing kinda heavy, my female balloon Molly keeps pestering her though and won't leave her be

Back
Top Bottom