Shiny fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. Sorry no pics, as I'm too lazy to look them up again, but I have a quick question.

When I first got my guppies, they had nice enough colors. But recently, I've noticed they have been very "shimmery". Much more vibrant than usual. I checked my food to see if I was feeding "color enhancing flakes" or something, but I wasn't. I'm just feeding normal flakes to them. Are shiny fish the result of nice tank conditions? I'm pretty sure they are, I just wanna know I'm doing a good job!

Usually a more color vibrant fish is a happy fish. If they look nice and vibrant and are active USUALLY that means you have happy and healthy fish. So i would say yes. But i would not make that my endicator to do water changes or anything.

Good work. It sounds like your fish are happy and healthy.

Well then that makes me happy. Honestly though, fish are pretty easy to take care of. Do a water change once a week, feed them twice a day, vacuum the gravel when you do the water change. Easy enough. :multi:

Honestly though, fish are pretty easy to take care of. Do a water change once a week, feed them twice a day, vacuum the gravel when you do the water change. Easy enough. :multi:

You'd like to think so, but, sadly, many people fail because they think that's too much work.

You'd like to think so, but, sadly, many people fail because they think that's too much work.

HA! We bought two grew weimeraner (can't spell) puppies a year and a half ago. Talk about a lot of work. The fish are NOTHING compared to them. It takes me a half hour every weekend to vacuum the gravel and change the water in my two small tanks. I'd say that's nothing to the hours I've spend filling in holes in the back yard, picking up trash, picking up poop etc. (Keep in mind, these aren't my dogs, so I'm not in charge of training them). Dogs are not fun. Fish are.

HA! We bought two grew weimeraner (can't spell) puppies a year and a half ago. Talk about a lot of work. The fish are NOTHING compared to them. It takes me a half hour every weekend to vacuum the gravel and change the water in my two small tanks. I'd say that's nothing to the hours I've spend filling in holes in the back yard, picking up trash, picking up poop etc. (Keep in mind, these aren't my dogs, so I'm not in charge of training them). Dogs are not fun. Fish are.

Lol. Good I have been starting to get worried, from all the reading I have been doing, that my fish are all going to die because of all this chemistry and whatnot. I want to make sure mine end up shiny too :cool: And yeah I don't think PWC's and gravel vacuuming is a lot of work. I have a 4 month old, now THAT is work! lol

Well then that makes me happy. Honestly though, fish are pretty easy to take care of. Do a water change once a week, feed them twice a day, vacuum the gravel when you do the water change. Easy enough. :multi:

And then you come here, catch multiple tank syndrome, see a picture of a planted tank, and its downhill from there. :D

I really need to get a python!

Back
Top Bottom