Should Angel fish go first in new planted tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Ron

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am starting to stock a new cycled, planted 65 gal tank and am wondering if I should start by putting in 6 small Angel fish first and then slowly increase with Cory's , Cherry Barbs , Khuli Loaches and Amano shrimp. And possibly some Rasboras later. Or Should I wait and put the angels in after all other fish are acclimated ?:

I am starting to stock a new cycled, planted 65 gal tank and am wondering if I should start by putting in 6 small Angel fish first and then slowly increase with Cory's , Cherry Barbs , Khuli Loaches and Amano shrimp. And possibly some Rasboras later. Or Should I wait and put the angels in after all other fish are acclimated ?:
To start with, Angels and shrimp are a bad combination. Chances are that when the Angels grow to adulthood, your shrimp will be eaten. If you must have shrimp, I'd forget about the Angels.
With the fish you listed, depending on how long it would be before adding more fish after putting the small Angels in, You COULD put the Angels in first HOWEVER, they would need to be small and you would have to add other fish soon. Angels will become territorial with each other and that can bleed over to a loser fighting with another fish just because it got in the way. If you do not stay with the fish you listed, it's best to put the Angels in last. (y)

Thank you.. I am still learning.

No problem. ;) (y)
You will find as you go along in this hobby that there will be some that beat the odds and mix not usually mixable things. I've found that for every 1 of those that succeed, there are about 50 that don't. Just so you know. (y) Always confirm the unusual. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom