Should I do it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquatic_Adam

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all. I'm in a bit of a quandary. My friend just told me that he can get a 125g tank with stand for free for me. Clearly I want to get it. At the moment I live in an apt. I also have to deal with the wrath of my girlfriend should I get it. Thoughts?

Are you on an upper floor? You might want to talk to your landlord to make sure it's okay to have that weight on your flour.

Get the tank!!! How could you miss that opportunity? Go for it and try to get your gf into fish.

I'm on the middle floor. I wouldn't set it up until I had my own house (I'm 23 so that's coming up sometime). The gf said it was ok! She's wanted me to make a saltwater tank since forever haha. Clearly she doesn't think my freshwater fish are pretty enough. :(

Get it! 125 is a great size. Do you have friends or family that might let you store it somewhere until you can set it up? The only downside is that it will definitely take up a lot of space in your apartment.

Pssst... A 125 gallon SW tank is going to be really expensive! The tank and stand are NOT the bulk of the cost in that setup. ;)

severum mama said:
Get it! 125 is a great size. Do you have friends or family that might let you store it somewhere until you can set it up? The only downside is that it will definitely take up a lot of space in your apartment.

Pssst... A 125 gallon SW tank is going to be really expensive! The tank and stand are NOT the bulk of the cost in that setup. ;)

Haha that is very true. I'm in a 2 bedroom apt by myself so worst case it goes in the spare bedroom.

My glorious idea of it would be a planted South American tank. Rummynose Tetras and Angelfish abound. Oh the possibilities! :)

Check with your landlord, and go with full disclosure on size. Most landlords assume "aquarium" means 5-20g. They might not like the idea of ~1400 lbs of tank in their apartments.

Hey all. I'm in a bit of a quandary. My friend just told me that he can get a 125g tank with stand for free for me. Clearly I want to get it. At the moment I live in an apt. I also have to deal with the wrath of my girlfriend should I get it. Thoughts?

Go for it! Better to ask for forgiveness than permission!

Check with your landlord, and go with full disclosure on size. Most landlords assume "aquarium" means 5-20g. They might not like the idea of ~1400 lbs of tank in their apartments.

Your downstairs neighbors will like it even less if something goes wrong:ROFLMAO:

aqua_chem said:

I agree. My landlord didn't want me setting up my 40g Long. I never had any aspirations to set it up while I lived here. But. A free 125? I mean...how can I say no

Wow that's amazing, I would pay to put it in storage. I could never do a saltwater setup, especially that size. I'd be to stressed to enjoy it knowing I had that much money tied up into something.

Oh yeah. Definitely not setting it up. My landlord frowned up a 40g haha. Plus that would be a pain to move. It's a good pain though :) :)

Back
Top Bottom