Should I Move My Platies Into Heavily Planted Guppy Pond To Control Hair Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malsprower

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I live in Daytona FL so my weather is quite mild. I have a 35 gallon heavily planted pond with a solar fountain and a 100 gallon per hour spouter, so it is quite circulated. I have a small group of fancy guppies and fry in the pond but the dragonfly nymphs are keeping the population low. I also have a couple of tadpoles. I have a lot of hair algae in certain spots that get a lot of sun. I know this algae is good food for some fish. I have 2 platies in another 20 gallon circulated pond next to the other and this 20 gallon pond only has anacharis and ludwiga repens, and I plan on keeping it planted with these two plants. Would it be a good idea to move my platies into my heavily planted pond in with my guppies? Would the platies help control the hair algae? Would they stress out my guppies?

If I move my platies out of the 20 gallon pond, I will put guppies into that pond instead.

Here is a video of the heavily planted pond just before I installed the spouter:

Great video! Can you try shifting some and see how they go? I think both would be fine together from tank experience but not sure on the pond.

Back
Top Bottom