Should I move them or what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubyfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 125 gallon tank that has 7 sword tails, 4 mollies, 3 cories, a dwarf blue gourami and a clown pleco and I have decided I wanted to add a plakat male betta to this tank.
Well, I got an orange koi plakat male and some 4 extra cories last night. I’ve added them to a 20 gallon long tank for quarantine.

Here’s my problem: I wanted to use this 20 gal for german blue ram cichlids when these other fish were moved; the thing is, that now I really like how the 20 gallon looks with the betta and cories and almost don’t want to do what I originally planned. But I’ve really been wanting these german blue rams for a couple years now and a store is probably going to special order them for me.

What should I do? My original plan? Keep the tanks the way they are and not get the rams? Maybe add the rams into the 125 instead of the 20? Cave and buy another 20 long to house the rams? Suggestions?

Here’s pictures
IMG_3397.jpg
IMG_3408.jpg
IMG_3406.jpg
IMG_3410.jpg

I’ve decided to stick to the original plan. If the betta doesn’t work out in the 125, I’ll move him into a spare 10gallon.

You have a very nice looking setup. I can visualize a colony of GBR's, maybe enough room to add a few relatively non aggressive mid sized cichlids, Firemouths, or Rainbow Cichlids. I'd look into some unaggressive Loaches and maybe a school of Columbian tetras. You have a lot of room to fill in a 125 gallon. Save the small tank for the betta.

Thank you [emoji4] I just don’t want to overstock anything.
So how many rams would you think I could have in the 125 if I decided to add them to it?

Coral Bandit, would have the best advice concerning GBR stocking, but just an educated guess, four or five pairs. Then you'll progress to a commercial breeder. There is a strong market for quality Blue Rams.
A 125 is spacious enough to have groups of GBR's and maybe Bolivian Rams as well.

Back
Top Bottom