Showing nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just wonder where I was in the process and what I need to do next. I am doing fishless and I started with raw shrimp it got really nasty and I took it out. It's been out a couple of days and as of yesterday my parameters are ammo 4.0 nitrites 5.0 and nitrate around 5.0. Not sire what I need to do now

Flossie said:
I was just wonder where I was in the process and what I need to do next. I am doing fishless and I started with raw shrimp it got really nasty and I took it out. It's been out a couple of days and as of yesterday my parameters are ammo 4.0 nitrites 5.0 and nitrate around 5.0. Not sire what I need to do now

Wait for ur ammonia to drop. Then do a 50% pwc then just add fish pellets or flake as another source of ammonia! Repeat till u are cycled

Hubert90 said:
Wait for ur ammonia to drop. Then do a 50% pwc then just add fish pellets or flake as another source of ammonia! Repeat till u are cycled

Ok thanks ;) I'm new to cycling and I wanna make sure I do it right ...

Hubert90 said:
Np!! Btw From this forum! Im gettin an impression that u owe alot of tanks?! Am i wrong haha

Lol no just two. I'm just full of questions ;) I'm one of those people that learn better from experience and advice rather than reading a lot. I got a ten and threw in some fish and I've had tons of problems so lots of questions. In the ten gallon I've had barbs then mollies then guppies. Had to donate the barbs then take back the mollies and the guppies bc guppies had mouth fungus. Ewww...

Flossie said:
Lol no just two. I'm just full of questions ;) I'm one of those people that learn better from experience and advice rather than reading a lot. I got a ten and threw in some fish and I've had tons of problems so lots of questions. In the ten gallon I've had barbs then mollies then guppies. Had to donate the barbs then take back the mollies and the guppies bc guppies had mouth fungus. Ewww...

O alright xD ya Dw I ask lots of question too. Sometimes I'm afraid I'll get abit annoying! Bahaha but so far so good!

Hubert90 said:
O alright xD ya Dw I ask lots of question too. Sometimes I'm afraid I'll get abit annoying! Bahaha but so far so good!

I probably am annoying ... I hope not :( lol but I think some ppl like giving advice as much as I like receiving it :)

So my nitrites are staying really high 0 ammo... Should I do a PWC to speed it up?? I have nitrates but I can't remember the exact number medium orange

Flossie said:
So my nitrites are staying really high 0 ammo... Should I do a PWC to speed it up?? I have nitrates but I can't remember the exact number medium orange

Yes do a pwc then add ammonia again. Y don't wanna starve ur bb

Hubert90 said:
Yes do a pwc then add ammonia again. Y don't wanna starve ur bb

Thanks Hubert ... I did a PWC and I've been adding food cause I used shrimp

Back
Top Bottom