Shrimp cave question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello y'all I have purchased some ghost shrimp that I will receive Monday. As y'all know I have a ten gallon tank. I know they need hiding places so I was wondering if I could take an old water bottle cut off the bottom and stick it in the tank so the fish can't get in but the shrimp can. What do y'all think of this idea?

This is what it would look like. And I would also put a stick going in and out so they can come and go as they please.

image-1162382338.jpg

What do you guys think about it.

Ok one more question I've found an old shell that i bought a while back and I also found this old coconut hut but its painted. Do you think I could put these in my fish tank for the shrimp.

Don't use the shell. It may have been out of the ocean for years, but it will still throw off your water chemistry. If your looking for a more natural hiding spot, then get some terra cotta pots. Then, bust them up and use the curved pieces as mini shrimp caves.

If using the bottle, I might be worried about not enough water circulating in it...I could be wrong but it might throw off the water quality within the bottle.

Back
Top Bottom