Shrimp Compatability ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceLeroy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 90 gal bow front w/ 200+lbs of live rock. I am setting this up as a reef tank, so there currently isn't any fish in it. It has fully cycled and I recently added a small CUC that includes a skunk cleaner and a peppermint shrimp. The wife and I really like the shrimp and have looked at others. I want to add a coral banded and another cleaner, but have read that shrimp can become territorial. Do these species do well together or will this be ok given the space I have available?

thanks

Most shrimp will do fine together but you picked the meanest one when you said the coral banded shrimp. They come with an attitude and might attack small fish or other inverts. BTW welcome aboard.

Is this illadvised? The article I read on them said they will kill other shrimp, but they are okay together in a larger tank. Since "larger" is relative, I am not sure if I can get away with it with 90 gal.

How much of a threat can a shrimp be to fish? I can see if I put some small ones like firefish in there, but I dont really liek those.

I wouldnt add the cbs they for one hide most of the time so you never see them and are aggressive try a fire shrimp

i have one angry unknown Male shrimp, DESTROYED my freshwater snail colony! The trumpet snails are doing ok because they burrow, but i got bad information from the shrimp seller!

Back
Top Bottom