Shrimp eating my anemone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliviaanne

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently added a Condy anemone to my 55 gallon saltwater tank. But, my banded coral shrimp started to treat it like food that night. The next morning i checked the anemone and it had chunks taken out of its bulb part. I fed the shrimp more food just in case. But do you think it's aggressive or just hungry?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406226969.451838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not aware of coral banded shrimp actively wanting to eat anemone of any kind, but would most likely go after one if there were any unhealthy or dead parts in it.
Can you tell us more about your tank? Size and lighting? How long has it been set up? How long has the anemone been in the tank? The coral banded? Most recent parameters?

you tank looks very new, if you have a nem already this is the least of you problems. Need so much more information, tank history, how long set up, what water are you using, lighting, parameters, ect.

Hmm.. I have a 55 gallon reef tank and had something eat one of my anemones, same species as yours. I have a Coral Banded Shrimp and he was not the culprit, BUT a Porcelain "gorilla" crab was... Caught him red handed. I safely and humanely removed the critter and brought him to my LFS and told them what happened. That little guy was the size of my thumbnail when I first noticed him in the live rock. Three years later he was over two inches long and then ate my anemone right in front of me...

Back
Top Bottom