Shrimp has tumor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My shrimp has this really big brown spot on the left side of his head. His antenna also has some black spots.. I'm not sure what type of shrimp this is, but it's identical to the freshwater glass shrimp except it's in saltwater. I noticed this before... But it was much much smaller, and I thought it was just some design pattern. It's gotten this huge now, and I'm getting worried.

I've already isolated him in a cup for now. Can you guys help me?

Attachments

• dscn0570.jpg
    dscn0570.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 67
  • dscn0571.jpg
    dscn0571.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 76
I`ve really not seen that type shrimp before. How are your water parameters in the tank. Let`s rule that out.

the shrimp is clear and that is the internal organs from what I see, but I guess it could be the very outside and be a color

My shrimp has this really big brown spot on the left side of his head. His antenna also has some black spots.. I'm not sure what type of shrimp this is, but it's identical to the freshwater glass shrimp except it's in saltwater. I noticed this before... But it was much much smaller, and I thought it was just some design pattern. It's gotten this huge now, and I'm getting worried.

I've already isolated him in a cup for now. Can you guys help me?

Being in a "cup" will kill it a lot faster than the tumor will. I have never heard about this before, it sounds like something rare. I doubt there is anything you can do besides keep it in good conditions. When I think "cup" I am thinking like a styrofoam cup or a juice glass. The oxygen, PH and temperature will deplete quickly in there.

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like internal organs...maybe the "spot" got bigger after it ate...?

Back
Top Bottom