Shrimp ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If that shrimp is really that green than it very well could be what they call a "Rainbow Shrimp" which is essentially the wild color variants of a cherry shrimp which can be red, green/blue and brown. That would also explain the stripe down the back. What other shrimp are in the tank?

one red bee shrimp which has the wild colors because it was a wild shrimp and 2 other what i think are cherry red shrimp and 1 bamboo shrimp and 2 amano shrimp:)

one red bee shrimp which has the wild colors because it was a wild shrimp and 2 other what i think are cherry red shrimp and 1 bamboo shrimp and 2 amano shrimp:)

Based on that and the fact that its berried I'd be pretty confidant it's a Rainbow which is a Neocaridina shrimp. It most likely cross bred with the cherries.

i have an underwater fluval filter

Depending on what kind....you should cover the intake or your baby shrimp will be sucked into the filter and......... :bawl:

If you cant find a prefilter sponge, you might have to use bulk filter padding, or knee-high pantyhose to keep them from getting sucked up.

Also before she has babies, I would do a good substrate vac so you don't need to clean right after the tiny baby shrimp are born. Later you can use a white bucket so you can see the shrimp babies, if they get vac-d up.

Back
Top Bottom