Shrimp lover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterUtalknbout

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, I'm a relatively small tank owner, i own a 10 gallon community tank with an Amano shrimp, 1 zebra danio, 1 red eye tetra, one sparkling gourami, and one betta. It had more, but that have all died as the tank is over 3 years old. I also have a 2.5 gallon planted tank (picture shows a stoic betta but hes since moved to the aforementioned tank)with orange sunkist shrimp babies that my local fish store just gave me because they "can't sell the babies" lol and also a ton of ramshorns snails so i might add an assassin soon. It has watersprite, green foxtail, and mermaid weed. Lastly i have my soon-to-be-again 10 gallon shrimp breeding tank that i tore down after my bamboo shrimp died :( i now know that tank size is too small for a bamboo shrimp but i did my best to supplement her food sources when i found out. I had her with my breeding colony of cherry shrimps and one day i had to rescue a betta from an irresponsible pet owner and long story short the betta lived happily in my shrimp tank for over a year, without eating a significant amount of shrimp and leaving the bamboo alone.. until he didnt... he bit into my bamboo shrimp and she died a couple days later, it was sad. So sad that i left shrimp breeding UNTIL NOW! i have my same old set up only more plants, better layout, and this time no out of my league animals. Planted with 2 kinds of plants that i forgot the name of and watersprite too small to see, maybe some green foxtails to come, we'll see. 20181104_104006~2.jpgIMG_20181113_172805_140.jpeg20181202_205149~2.jpeg

Welcome!

Are you going to keep breeding only Red Cherries?

Are you going to look at breeding the Orange ones, they maybe not be Sunkist (Caridina Propinqua), if the lfs had babies, they are probably Orange Neocaridina.

Welcome!

Are you going to keep breeding only Red Cherries?

Are you going to look at breeding the Orange ones, they maybe not be Sunkist (Caridina Propinqua), if the lfs had babies, they are probably Orange Neocaridina.
Maybe not, but around me orange sunkist is a common name for the orange neocaridina and thats what the lfs listed them as xD . Im not too interested in breeding the orange ones i chose them because the red cherries at the lfs all had that white speckle parasite around their mouths i forget what its called. I do think I'll love the red pop against the greens and oranges of my tank. Id like to try my hand at the crystal reds but im not experienced enough i dont think and id like to try them in a larger tank

Turns out caridina propinqua is the orange sunkist bee shrimp while mine are neocaridina davidi i believe just orange

Back
Top Bottom