Shrimp pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my fish will ignore all other food and just eat the crap out of these is that bad or ok

if you want them to eat nothing but those, then yeah it's ok. If you want them to eat a certain kind of staple food, then stop feeding the shrimp pellets till you get them steadily eating the other food.

I feed a variety of foods. I think unless you had one high nutritional source of food, it's not a good idea to feed the same thing all the time. Of course, I also just want to make my fish's lives more interesting by tempting their tastebuds with a variety. Do fish even have tastebuds? But you know what I mean. I wouldn't want to eat the same thing every day, why should my fish? :lol:

It actually also depends on what species you have as to whether that pellet is providing them with proper nutrition.

Feed something else for a few days and they will eat. They will not starve themselves. I avoid shrimp pellets I find them to be very messy.

LyndaB said:
I feed a variety of foods. I think unless you had one high nutritional source of food, it's not a good idea to feed the same thing all the time. Of course, I also just want to make my fish's lives more interesting by tempting their tastebuds with a variety. Do fish even have tastebuds? But you know what I mean. I wouldn't want to eat the same thing every day, why should my fish? :lol:

It actually also depends on what species you have as to whether that pellet is providing them with proper nutrition.

I feed lots of different things they just dont eat it they wait until I feed my cory cats their pellets....i believe in variety

Corys are scavengers. They'll eat anything. Switch over to something else for a week or two. The corys will be fine. They're like little vaccuums....

Back
Top Bottom