Shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaraB

Aquarium Advice Addict
So is what I turned my betta tank into. I have yellow shrimp in there as well as the "blue" shrimp I had in my other tank. It is by a window so whenever we have a nice sunny say i turn the lights off and let natural light in. It looks a little messy with all the plants but it gives the shrimp a place to hide. I saw one of my yellows carrying bad eggs, but it means that they are molting/breeding successfully and hopefully next time she'll know what to do.

Attachments

• IMG_5963.jpg
    IMG_5963.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 47
So is what I turned my betta tank into. I have yellow shrimp in there as well as the "blue" shrimp I had in my other tank. It is by a window so whenever we have a nice sunny say i turn the lights off and let natural light in. It looks a little messy with all the plants but it gives the shrimp a place to hide. I saw one of my yellows carrying bad eggs, but it means that they are molting/breeding successfully and hopefully next time she'll know what to do.

What did the "bad" eggs look like?

Also, having 2 different colour variants of neocardina can / will result in wild type sch as brown / grey / clear.

Tank looks good for shrimp!

They did look yellow but they also looked fuzzy. That's why I thought they went mouldy. Unless the fuzziness was little shrimplet feet or them hatching.
I don't know these are my first Neocaridina shrimp. The only other shrimp I've had were ghost.

I don't see any baby shrimp but i'll keep my eyes open. My shrimp aren't the easiest to find sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom