Shrimp that breed in freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldiesNLoaches

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I was wondering what are easy to care for shrimp that breed in warm freshwater, and yet survive in winter(they dont need to breed in winter) The reason being I'm going to get like 15 of them to keep a sustaining population from my goldfish incase they eat a few but the shrimp start to breed I'll have a nice population that can survive predation I mean I dont care if it doesnt work Im just hoping my population plan will let them survive as a whole. Do dojo loaches eat shrimp though? I've only heard of them eating snails, which is why i want shrimp and snails dont look very active for me. My petco ive only seen bamboo shrimp which dont breed, although i didnt look for freshwater shrimp to well, and i dont feel like taking the 20 minuite drive to the other one unless I pass there on the way to somewhere else

Yup, I'll agree with the RCS suggestion, they breed like rabbits and are very hardy, but they shouldn't be kept under 68* so if this Is going outdoors, it probably won't work.

I don't have dojo's so I can't speak from experience, but my red rili's haven't been eaten by my yoyo's, so I assume they'd be safe with dojo's since they are less if snail eaters than yoyo's

Oh I was hoping for ghost shrimp since they grow bigger but my store doesnt sell ghost or cherries sadly so Im looking for maybe other and i wanted ghost shrimp since they can handle lower temps, my only prob is ghosties are feeders and I dont want any deseises.

Back
Top Bottom