Shrimps & Pleco's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ErykYT3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I wanted to ask if I could keep Cherry Shrimp or any other invertebrates with some plecos. The biggest one I have is around 2 inches, the rest are pretty small. I have kept Shrimps in the past and I really like them. That was some years ago, I would like to keep shrimp again but I also like bottom dwelling fish and I have A LOT of them. So will Shrimps be eaten or bullied by the pleco's or will they get along ok... I'm pretty sure the answer to my question is no but I wanted to give it a go anyway. Also, I would make sure that the aquarium has many plants for the shrimps to retreat to in case they feel threatened or anything like that. I also have 3 cory's and 2 clown loaches that are all very small.

I'm not expert on this but I have plecos and corys in my tank with my ghost shrimp and they are doing fine. Had them around 6 months now. I think as long as they have plants to hide in like you say, they should be fine. Good luck[emoji4]

I'm not expert on this but I have plecos and corys in my tank with my ghost shrimp and they are doing fine. Had them around 6 months now. I think as long as they have plants to hide in like you say, they should be fine. Good luck[emoji4]
Thank you very much! I'm pretty sure that I have kept the two together me at some point but it was a long time ago so I wanted to make sure.

My plecos and my corys don't bother with anything other than each other to be fair, they keep themselves to themselves. Hope it all goes as well for you as it has for me[emoji4]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom