Shy peppermint shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky77

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi there as the title suggests i bought a single peppermint shrimp last saturday now he has settled in fine at on point i thought he had died because i hadnt seen him for days at last i seen him last nite purched under a peice of rock were my watchman goby lives when i went close to the glass he took of and hid again i only have a common clown in along with the goby is this the case with these shrimps or does it take a little bit of time for them to get used to yhere new pad lol .......

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Yea cause the guy in my lfs had trouble catchin him there like lighting quick i thought that maybe he freaked him a little .......

Mine did the exact same thing, I thought he'd been dead for a week or so. Next time I pulled out the algae scraper he decided to get friendly and came out to see me, or he was defending his territory.. not too sure.

Either way they hide quite a lot

That is true, I had one fight me one day over a dying fish. They can be pretty agressive that way when a fight presents itself I believe. But still shy for the most part. In my 155g, they were NEVER sitting out in the open. Had 3-6 of'm and no one came from under the rocks ever.

I take it they feed on scraps etc if they wont readly come out for food .....?

I have one that is a pest when I have my hand in the tank she thinks it should have food for her. It really depends on the shrimp and how comfortable they are with human contact.

I have two in my tank. They were really shy at first. Been a month now.. They are out all the time now. Even clean my hand when I stick it in!!

Back
Top Bottom