Sick albino bushy nose Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently noticed a weird white patch with some red marks on the side of my plecos face. I'm worried because I once had a clown pleco that had the same thing and it eventually got really bad and I tried medication but nothing helped. The fish eventually had a big whole in its face and you could see the bone. I don't want that to happen to this fish so if anyone knows anything about this please help. In case you are wondering the pleco you are looking at is the male with the bristles not the huge female in the back. They always hang around each other so it's hard to take a photo with only the one fish.

In case anyone is wondering the fish is in a 29 gallon aquarium. For filtration I have an Eheim 2213 canister filter and an Aquaclear 50 H.O.B filter. My water is 76 degrees F and I do water changes once every week.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394917706.626604.jpg here is another pic. You can see part of wound on the right hand side of the pleco.

I'm sorry, I can't spot it - is before or after the eyes?

To knock off, are your ph, ammonia, etc readings ok?

All my water qualities are fine. The wound looks like a white fungus with some red marks around it.

Back
Top Bottom