sick axolotl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lottie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
we have 2 axolotls and one has not really been eating for a little while but we finally got him eating again more often than not by isolating him and giving him feeder fish. We usually feed them mealworms. Last night, as he hadn't been feeding again, I separated him discovered that he had a large red 'bubble' protruding from his bottom. I looked it up and found a pic on the net that looked almost identical to what he had wrong and they called it a 'prolapsed cloaca'. I have tried phoning a vet that is supposed to be up with marine creatures but have not heard back. I have tried other websites etc but to no avail and we are really worried about our little guy. Does anyone have any knowledge and/or advice regarding this condition or can anyone recommend someone knowledgeable in the Melbourne area of Australia that might be able to help?

Attachments

• P1200084teeny.JPG
    P1200084teeny.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 348
Lottie said:
Hi,
we have 2 axolotls and one has not really been eating for a little while but we finally got him eating again more often than not by isolating him and giving him feeder fish. We usually feed them mealworms. Last night, as he hadn't been feeding again, I separated him discovered that he had a large red 'bubble' protruding from his bottom. I looked it up and found a pic on the net that looked almost identical to what he had wrong and they called it a 'prolapsed cloaca'. I have tried phoning a vet that is supposed to be up with marine creatures but have not heard back. I have tried other websites etc but to no avail and we are really worried about our little guy. Does anyone have any knowledge and/or advice regarding this condition or can anyone recommend someone knowledgeable in the Melbourne area of Australia that might be able to help?

I've heard of this but on sides not sure if it makes a difference but it's called gas bubble disease it has to do with gases getting into the blood and it pops out and they are vulnerable to infection when this happens

Back
Top Bottom