sick catfish !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyAllen

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. I have an eclipse catfish who is isn't doing so well. He has a rather large wound at the base of his tail fin that almost seams to be eating away at him. It's a very serious open wound and I don't think he has much time left if I don't do something drastic to help him. He hasn't really been eating too well and the wound seams to be getting worse by the day. He is a tank with 4 silver dollars and they all seem to be ok. What if anything can I do ?

I actually just did a salt treatment on my goldfish tank. Are the details pretty Much the same for tropical fish ? Water changes every other day , 11g of salt per gallon ? Etc . Etc . Thanks so much !

Id get melafix first then wait to see how bad it gets but yes its pretty much the same just read the directions on the aquarium salt

If you can get him into a QT or hospital tank that would be best. The silver dollars might pick at the wound and make it worse. Super clean water is very important so make sure you keep on top of the water changes.

Back
Top Bottom