Sick clown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Djsilentchild

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had him since Saturday and he sit pretty much on the bottom or rubs against the thank... His sitting spots are on the heater at night and the day time he stays close to the bottom

Attachments

• image-921157740.jpg
    image-921157740.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 83
  • image-298387007.jpg
    image-298387007.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 104
kdpuffer said:
What are your water parameters? Ammonia nitrite nitrate levels salinity ph and so on.

Ammonia 0
Nitrates 0
Nitrites 0
Salinity 1.025

Forgot the ph ill have 2 check when I get home ... My starfish, dwarf puffer, 2 turbo snails, and 5 shrimp are all doing fine... My clown just looks like a lonely duckling... I'm trying 2 wait a week before I get another so I don't have a lot of bio-load on my new tank

Is he eating?

Is he breathing rapidly?

Not normal for a clown to lay on the bottom like that. Then again clowns are not normal but im guessing something is not right

Schism said:
Is he eating?

Is he breathing rapidly?

Not normal for a clown to lay on the bottom like that. Then again clowns are not normal but im guessing something is not right

Idk if he eating... But I'm sure he is... Bc my puffer doesn't eat flakes... And he swims fine... Maybe he misses the anemone that was in the tank with him? Bc he hides between the heater and side of my tank... I also don't see any signs of rapid breathing...

Hard to tell scale from the pics, but he doesn't look tiny. My adult clown doesn't swim around a whole lot (the juvie one on the other hand hardly stays still) , maybe he's just used to sitting around in his anemone. Was the anemone he had on the sand? He's still pretty new to the tank. If he doesn't look like he's breathing heavy and he's eating, he should hopefully come around when he's more comfortable. He might just be deciding if the tank is a safe place or not. Just make sure to see if he's eating and keep an eye on him.

He's about 4.5 inches... He'll come out and swim... But like I said he just hides there When I'm at home... I work 5/12s so can't check on him much except on the weekends... The anemone he had in the tank didn't have sand. He was with a yellow tang in my lfs... Should I go back and get the tang or should I get another clown??

Djsilentchild said:
He's about 4.5 inches... He'll come out and swim... But like I said he just hides there When I'm at home... I work 5/12s so can't check on him much except on the weekends... The anemone he had in the tank didn't have sand. He was with a yellow tang in my lfs... Should I go back and get the tang or should I get another clown??

Its not his lack of tank mates. Hanging around the heater especially at night is not abnormal however laying on the bottom like that is. I would make sure hes eating.

I picked up a regal tang that was in with two other clowns. He hid for like a week, I went back and picked up the two clowns and now he's out everywhere as soon as I put the two clowns he was with in with him in the tank. Idk if its coincidence or not.

He's out swimming around now

Attachments

• image-1373336960.jpg
    image-1373336960.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image-4062168602.jpg
    image-4062168602.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom