sick firemouth. help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemyfishxo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey there can someone help me with my female firemouth, she's about 4 yrs old and has stoped eating about 3 weeks ago and is sitting at the bottom of my tank, she is very swollen. i put her in a hospital tank about two weeks ago and thinking it was dropesy or a bacterial infection, tryed her on peas but she wont eat them. i got some liquid metro and have treated her with that and a couple of 10-15 min epsom salt baths, but nothing has helped. i dont know what is wrong and dont know what else to try. her scales and eyes are normal, shes just really swollen and has rapid breathing, cannot swim properly and wont eat. please can someone help me, please.

To things that I could guess bloat or swim bladder disease. Don't know how to treat it only with peas but Somone might be able to help you even more

Have you tried offering frozen spirulina and brine shrimp with Mardell health guard and body guard or omega one thera+ soaked in diluted marcynoxy?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

She could be egg bound. Instead of the salt baths add 1 tablespoon for every 5 gallons of epsome salt or aquarium salt (not marine salt) directly to the tank. This may also help if it is bloat or intestinal.

You also want the temp around 82-84.

I would also add a bubbler for oxygen since warmer temps have less oxygen. this will help aerate the water and hopefully slow down her breathing.

Back
Top Bottom