Sick fish! Heeeelp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreenTerrorNoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any idea what it is?

Attachments

• image-1343429740.jpg
    image-1343429740.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2710518872.jpg
    image-2710518872.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 65
Ye Gods! What species is that?
What ever it is it looks painful! How long has it been like that?

No tank mates he is in quarantine tank it is a marble goby .. He had a red spot underneath yesterday and today when i hot home around 2 he was like that

It is not bare flesh has one little sore but covered in what looks like ick and has string like fiber around the sore

What size tank does it call home?
How old is the fish?
That fish can get over TWO FEET long and requires a 100 gallon tank or better. It is also a brackish water fish, but has been found in fresh water.

Compared to pics of healthy fish, that fish is in very bad shape. I suggest you hit Google for some care info and keep his water ultra clean with daily large water changes.

I got the fish at lfs 1 week ago he is in a 29 gal qt tank but have 125 gallon i was going to set up and cycle for him.. Already got a water change in today .. I dont understand how he got so bad so fast

Have you checked the parameters in this qt tank? Stringy fibers around the sore is classic fungus. Fungus is usually secondary to an already present bacterial infection and is most common in poor water conditions. As a brackish water fish, I am not sure how to suggest an appropriate treatment but he needs serious antibiotics such as kanamycin sulfate combined with methlyene blue swabs on the fungus/sores. If he also has ich, that will need to be addressed as well. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom