Sick white cloud!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Davidsoccer22 said:
Yes the old tank was about 10 gallon

If you have something from the old tank like filter media try to use that if you can will help greatly reduce ammonia, water changes and cycling time. A .20 ammonia is not a death sentence by no means but it is cause for concern and requires a water change, I suggest a 50% water change to reduce it by half in theory

I just did a 15% and then tested. I also have a small filter of ammonia absorbing carbon.

I feed them flakes twice a day and dried blood worms twice every 3 days

Davidsoccer22 said:
I just did a 15% and then tested. I also have a small filter of ammonia absorbing carbon.

The carbon will help for now, but if end up medicating take carbon out it is used to take medications out of water, for future reference carbon is close to useless on a daily basis other then removing medication, but it will not hurt

Davidsoccer22 said:
I feed them flakes twice a day and dried blood worms twice every 3 days

To help out if it is swim bladder, take a little cup or dish you use for this purpose and put some tank water in it when you feed and soak the bloodworms your going to feed to them in it, it gets the air out of it and won't cause issues. Can you find a picture online of the fish you are talking about and post it?

Is this the fish you are talking about? 28c is a bit on there high side they get a little funny acting over 26c they seem to do better in a bit colder aquarium, they are originally from a mountain in china I believe from the streams and Brooks and it gets cold there, they can survive quite s cold temperature (I've heard down to 5c but this sounds pretty crazy lol)

Attachments

• image-989291777.jpg
    image-989291777.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 74
This is the fish. I was just online and it sounds like septicemia. If I treat them will it affect the other healthy fish.

Davidsoccer22 said:
This is the fish. I was just online and it sounds like septicemia. If I treat them will it affect the other healthy fish.

Personally I'd treat all the fish, what did it say about this disease? Is it bacterial/fungus?
Edit: treat all depending on treatment

Like this except this is a zebra daneo and there are a few more red blotches

Attachments

• image-2143202695.jpg
    image-2143202695.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 75
Davidsoccer22 said:
Like this except this is a zebra daneo and there are a few more red blotches

My friend actually has a white danio that has that same looking red patch and has been like that since she got it it's almost been with her for a year and now I got the school this mite help me ID it, it seems perfectly happy and acting normal for this long seems almost to be a trait or a scar of some type from past problems

I'd use Jungles Fungus Eliminator (also for bacterial) do more water changes while your tank is cycling, keep your light off, go easy on the food for a while, no food while medicating (I just had to use and fish went almost 7 days without food) keep tank as clean as possible. The directions will say dose and leave for 4 days then a 25% water change then dose again for another 4 days, but I'd do less with a good water change before you dose, dose it to directions then let go for 3 days, do more like a 33% water change then do full dose again for another 3-4 days depending on what you feel is needed, after this do as much of a water change is as possible so your fish can just swim on the bottom and fill back up and drive some carbon in the filter, then after a few days I'd do another water change and leave carbon in for a good week or more then remove. On all the water changes except the 33% change between re-doseing vaccum very good especially on the 90%+ water change, over vacuuming is a myth by the way it's impossible to "suck" off bacteria from your substrate in quanites that are measurable, maybe bacteria that is attached to the fish poo but that is one of the factors in making ammonia in an aquarium, along with fish respiration, you do that along with read a "fish in cycle" thread on this site that I believe is a sticky your fish with any luck will become healthy again.

Best of luck

With regards, Dolla

Back
Top Bottom