Silicone bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigS

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
Just getting back into fish keeping after a long hiatus. My nephew gifted me a Perfecto 120 gallon high tank and stand that he had in storage. It is 12 years old and after I don't know how many YouTube videos I decided to reseal a tank due to the fact that some of the silicone seams were ragged from excessive algae scraping.
I used ASI sealant and the tank came out looking really good.
I have it in my garage on two half inch pieces of Styrofoam since the floor is not level or even.
After curing for two weeks I filled it up yesterday. There are no leaks whatsoever but I see where the glass panels are silicone together what appears to be tiny little air bubbles in certain areas sometimes almost the whole up and down length. I did not see any of this while the tank had no water in it and I'm about to invest a lot of money into it and I'm a little freaked out. I've read this could be caused by the tank being a little tweaked. I'm looking for opinions as to whether I should empty the tank put it on its level stand and refill it or am I looking at a possible major failure.
All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks allIMG_20220510_084559684.jpgIMG_20220510_084544724.jpgIMG_20220510_084524978.jpg

I’m not a silicone expert but I’m under the impression any air bubbles are not good whatsoever and the seam will fail. May want to consult a custom builder like Glass Cages or SCA Aquariums they’ll likely help answer your question.

Thanks for the response, contacted Marineland, fantastic customer service.
Said they see no reason for concern.
Has been holding water for 5 days, no leak.
My project continues!!

Back
Top Bottom