Silver Surprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am to believe my Silver Molly "Charger" delivered surprise fry last night!
I thought it was another Molly birthing until I realized other one isn't slimming down and no more babies are emerging... Also, these babies are very light silver/white...
There are 11 in total I was able to save...

View attachment 91302

They are so sweet when small. Fingers crossed you don't have any problems with these batches :)

Fishie said:
Cool fry!! Nice job getting them!

Thank you :) the size difference from these fry to last batch I caught 6 mths ago is amazing...

These guys came out swimming full strides... The size of month old fry...
:)

Haha that's good that you increased your size of your finding of frys! Are the month old fry smaller?

Fishie said:
Haha that's good that you increased your size of your finding of frys! Are the month old fry smaller?

My usual month old fry are the size of this batch at birth.
Mom is Silver Lyretail & Dad is a Black Sailfin

Fed these little ones their first meal. Leave it to mollies who have never seen food of any kind before to swim up and start eating right away without hesitation!
:)
Was sitting there watching and a few of them were bickering and chasing each other... One would bump the other and chase and then the other one would shimmy "no no" disapproval for a second.
These guys have personalities already! I've never seen this before... Usually they act like little ding dongs banging into the wall swimming and it takes a bit to figure out what food is...
These guys seem to gave graduated from Harvard already!

Back
Top Bottom