skimmer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokmijn

Aquarium Advice Freak
would i have any problem without a skimmer will i had one but it broke and i cant replace it for a while i have a couple of corals like xenia, gsp, button, zoas, galaxia, birdsnest and one other sps.

I guess you are going to become best friends with your bucket...

Unless your tank is stocked and fed heavily I wouldn't worry. You always have water changes as your safety net (I find many corals, especially lps and soft, prefer a "dirty" tank) :)

Unless your tank is stocked and fed heavily I wouldn't worry. You always have water changes as your safety net (I find many corals, especially lps and soft, prefer a "dirty" tank) :)

lol...ok so as long as i keep up with my pwc then i should be fine cause i dont want to wake up one morning and have a bunch of stress corals.

But i have a new question ever since i change my feeding schedule to 1 time every 3 day my female gsm has started to swim all through out the tank, but when i was feeding like 5 times a day(bad idea) it only stayed at his bta with its mate...is it acting like this because its looking for food because of the sudden change.

Fish get very accustomed to programmed feedings so I do agree that it is probably looking for a feeding because that's what it was used to. As melosu stated, I would feed either every other day or every day, but in small portions. If you choose a daily feeding schedule you can halve your portion for that day and feed twice :)

Fish get very accustomed to programmed feedings so I do agree that it is probably looking for a feeding because that's what it was used to. As melosu stated, I would feed either every other day or every day, but in small portions. If you choose a daily feeding schedule you can halve your portion for that day and feed twice :)

i think i was looking for food cause everytime i fed it, it would go stay with the male in the bta i fed it this morning and it has not left its home so im gonna go to every other day.

Back
Top Bottom