Skipping PWC with EI dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudraker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Should you discontinue dosing if you have to skip a PWC and have been very, very regular with water changes and dosing in the past?

I EI dose a 30 gallon cube that is fairly heavily planted with low to medium light plants. I use excel and DIY Co2 and mix my own dry fertz. 100 watt compact fluorencent light. No amonia or nitritre. I manage to keep the kno3 at about 20 ppm. Phosphates barely register, though I know my test for it is considered wildly inaccurate. Kh 8, Gh 7 ph 7.4.

Filtration is a Eheim 2211 and a whisper hanginside with crushed coral and ceramic rings.

Later this week I am installing a regulated system and plan on doing a total rescape in the process.

For many, many reasons, I am considering skipping the usual PWC tonight and wait until I can get my new system up and running.

So do I dose the rest of the week or hold off? I am hoping to get install the new system and PWC etc. on Wednesday, but it could be as late as this coming weekend, depending on how it goes at work this week.

If it matters, tank is stocked with 2 siamese algae eaters, one young male swordtail, a 3 inch clown loach, 3 xray tetras, 2 black neons and some kind of small nano rasbora.

After typing all this out, I probably could have done the PWC.

I don't think it matters honestly. If you're going to tear it down and rescape it all your plants are gonna need to adjust at that point anyway. I don't think it'll hurt either way.

Agree with Neilanh. Don't over think it too much. None if this has to be an exact science.

Back
Top Bottom