Skittish cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tosviolation

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys! I have a 20 gallon tank with 6 bronze corys and 8 harlequin rasboras. Its not heavily planted, but it does have some live plants and a couple pieces of mopani driftwood in it. My question is why are the corys so scared all the time? Anytime I get near the tank they freak out and bolt for cover. I have ph 7, 0ppm ammonia and nitrite with about 20 ppm nitrate and I keep the water at about 77 degrees. Is this normal behavior? or maybe do I need more plants?

I have 6 panda cories. Three of them will scavenge right around my hand if I stir up bottom while the other 3 take cover if im cleaning the tank.

Hm in my experience my corys are not skittish either. Are they new to your tank? Perhaps larger numbers and more hiding places would help them feel more secure.

I have three lines and they took years to not just constantly freak out every time I came near the tank. Some are just like that.

Hi guys! I have a 20 gallon tank with 6 bronze corys and 8 harlequin rasboras. Its not heavily planted, but it does have some live plants and a couple pieces of mopani driftwood in it. My question is why are the corys so scared all the time? Anytime I get near the tank they freak out and bolt for cover. I have ph 7, 0ppm ammonia and nitrite with about 20 ppm nitrate and I keep the water at about 77 degrees. Is this normal behavior? or maybe do I need more plants?

Keep an open area but add more plants and possibly a cave or 2 ?

If you start target feeding frozen/thawed worms n shrimp with a Turkey Baster they may start to worship you :)

I also use a dark background to add security.

Back
Top Bottom