Small colorful fish for 110G Tall Semi-Aggressive Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gentoo9ball

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I would like to add some moving color to my tank. I thought a school of 25 Neon Tetras would be perfect. Apparently I was wrong. Six days ago I put them in my tank and someone is picking them off. There are only 8 left tonight.

My Tank:
  • 110G Tall
  • Fully planted with CO2
  • 1 x Angelfish (3" body)
  • 1 x Ropefish (14")
  • 2 x Clown Loach (2.5")
  • 1 x Bala Shark (4")
  • 2 x Pleco (2")
  • 1 x Pleco (6")

I believe the Ropefish is picking them off at night. After the Neons started disappearing I thought about maybe growing the Neons a bit larger in another tank. What do you all think? Any suggestions for another school of fish?

gentoo9ball said:
I would like to add some moving color to my tank. I thought a school of 25 Neon Tetras would be perfect. Apparently I was wrong. Six days ago I put them in my tank and someone is picking them off. There are only 8 left tonight.

My Tank:

[*]110G Tall
[*]Fully planted with CO2
[*]1 x Angelfish (3" body)
[*]1 x Ropefish (14")
[*]2 x Clown Loach (2.5")
[*]1 x Bala Shark (4")
[*]2 x Pleco (2")
[*]1 x Pleco (6")

I believe the Ropefish is picking them off at night. After the Neons started disappearing I thought about maybe growing the Neons a bit larger in another tank. What do you all think? Any suggestions for another school of fish?

Try giant danios they get up to 4 inches and decent coloring

I really like the idea of rainbows or danios. What size schools should I get? Gouramis would be nice but I'm afraid they would get too big as a school or wouldn't swim around much.

gentoo9ball said:
I really like the idea of rainbows or danios. What size schools should I get? Gouramis would be nice but I'm afraid they would get too big as a school or wouldn't swim around much.

Maybe 10-12 of the danios

Back
Top Bottom