small pleco for planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys.
Looking for a species of pleco that does not grow more than 6 inches or so. Have ottoman in the tank. Just want nice size pleco. Friend said to get a royal pleco. But they can grow big. Any ideas. 180l tank.

It appears as though you are looking for a Bristlenose Pleco. I absolutely love mine! They also won't exceed 5-6 inches.

Will look them up. Had the common kind in large tanks before. They would just mess the tank with plants. But will look up brissel nose. Are there many type.

Not really I don't think. You'll love them. They are similar to common plecos I guess, actually better in my opinion. The males also grow bristles all over their face as they mature as well. So, if you want that, make sure it's a male.

Lol spelt it wrong. Looked them up real nice 4-5 Inches is good. Lad selling 2 month old ones for 5 euro each. Might have to get a few. 2 be ok for 180l tank

You could do 2 in a tank that size but I prefer only keeping one per tank. I actually only have 1 in my 220g. I also keep Oto cats and Whiptail cats with her.

It appears as though you are looking for a Bristlenose Pleco. I absolutely love mine! They also won't exceed 5-6 inches.

There's a LOT of different morphs of bristlenoses. I don't like the normal ones. My LFS was selling starlights (which I think are L-129s) For 10$ each

If you have the money a golden nugget is very nice. I have a couple of clowns and they are shy.

My last could order me in a few of these. Will have to give them a shout in the afternoon. Golden nugget nice fish.

I have a bristle and a bulldog plec in my 50 gallon, i definitely like my bristle more she's very peaceful and my bulldog is the opposite lol

I have a bristle and a bulldog plec in my 50 gallon, i definitely like my bristle more she's very peaceful and my bulldog is the opposite lol

Mine were the opposite. My bulldog (Rip Pablo) was super shy and if anyone came under my bristlenose he'd stop suctioning and body slam them.

Mine were the opposite. My bulldog (Rip Pablo) was super shy and if anyone came under my bristlenose he'd stop suctioning and body slam them.

I wish mine was shy lol he's completely insane! Speeds round the tank knocking my other fish over and bullies my female bristle constantly the best of it is he's only 2 inches and she's 5. I'm trying to re home him at the moment.

Thanks for all the repys guys and girls. Got a male bristle, false frog pleco wife got me a very nice golden nugget l17. Pics to follow once all have settled in.

I did want small. Lol wife will fall in love with the wee fella. When I say we got to get rid of him. As he too big for the tank. With a little luck. She couldn't part with him. So guess il be upgrading the old 180l to a nice 400-500l. Lol

Back
Top Bottom