Small tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ndw

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 5 g fluval chi. I've had 2 bettas (separately obviously) in the last year sadly the last ones died. Any ideas for other fish I could have in the tank. If not I might just bin the tank and concentrate on the bigger tank

I hate to say it, but bit the bullet and get a bigger tank. When you do try to get a 20L as they make great tanks to get more experience with. If money is an issue look on craigslist.

For a 5 gallon you'll be looking at a few small fish you might be able to do something like a few guppies but thats about it, I was actually considering to get the chi to do a shrimp tank

I have a bigger tank with other fish in but thought I may aswell do something with the chi rather than just throw it away. For some reason bettas just don't seem to do well in that tank and I don't want to put another Betta in just for it to struggle. Maybe il
Look at having it as a shrimp tank as I'd only be able to have a few other fish otherwise

I have good-sized groups of dwarf amber barbs and micro rasboras in similar sized tanks. Very small fish with low bio-load.

Back
Top Bottom