Small tiny chip in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Coetzee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

I have a 6 foot tank that I have restoring and sanding down the cabinet and fixing up, I came across a tiny chip inside the tank, grrrrrrrrrrr, it's about the size of a match stick head. 3mm x 3mm, and about 2mm deep, in the 10mm thick glass. It's at the back luckily so you would not see it, it's on the back panel in the middle. I was just wandering if it would be safe and not crack once I start filling it up????? Has anyone had this problem before??? Any advice ????

Mike

U may be able to put a piece of glass 4x4 over it and cover with silicone whole back of it so it holds everything's tight to maybe prevent it from cracking more, if it even does

Not a bad idea, but that would look ugly! You would see the piece of glass stuck to the back panel glass! :( do you think it would crack one I fill it? It is in 10mm think glass so I don't think it should crack under pressure? Love to hear from someone that had the some problem before and how did they resolve it and if they left it as is? I'm also going to ask the local aquiruim shops here what are there thoughts before filling it, 172 gallons of water is heaps.

I have chips all on the edges and outsides on my 150g bought it used, mines fine some are huge to

I would look into" filling" it like they do to your windshield. Not sure if its aquarium safe tho

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom